Initial clearing

4th – 10th July 2011

Three years after moving into the house, I┬ádecided that the garden needed some serious cleaning up. I started by clearing the overgrown area furthest from the house. I didn’t really have a clear plan at that point, only that the area was wasted space and it would be nice to build a nice studio down there.

Little did I know the epic journey I was commencing! The following photographs show the progress over the first week of the endeavour. This shows two activities, the clearing of the top level, and the start of the excavation of the lower level. The piles of rocks are the results of that latter excavation – I put them to one side for subsequent sorting and disposal/storage for later use depending on their nature.